When I was little Taco Tuesday was a very, very, important event in our home.
Every single Tuesday we would either make our own tacos or pick some up from our from taco place in town. This went on for such a long time, it was like a holiday to us. Tacos’ have always been one of my very favorite foods so of course I wanted to try and continue this tradition once I moved into my own place. Josh and I are not as religious with this as my parents were, but I will say we usually have some sort of taco/burrito/burrito bowl(Chipotle) at least once a week. Today I decided to make a very clean, and
very extremely yummy taco salad.
1) I bought some organic white corn tortilla chips to use as my base.
2) I cooked some chicken breast on the stove top and seasoned them with just pepper and a little salt.
3) I also heated up some black beans and mixed a little cumin and chili powder in with them.
4) I topped the chips with black beans and then shredded some chicken and put that on it.
5) I cut up some iceberg lettuce and spread that over top.
6) Then I added diced up jalapeños, onions, cilantro, and tomatoes.
7) To top it off I added home-made guac (recipe below), a little scoop of all natural sour cream, and low fat Mexican blend cheese.
For the guac all you need is:
a little cilantro
1/3 of jalapeño diced
about 1 tablespoon of diced onion
a sprinkle of salt
a sprinkle of cumin
You simply put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mash and mix it all together until it is smooth and well blended!
This was such a simple and delicious meal, I think it may be one of my new favorites!
My plans for today were to do nothing more than lay in bed, drink tea, and read. And that is what I did for the first half of my morning!
Then I realized I needed to make a quick trip to the grocery store so I threw on some leggings, a cozy sweater, and some combat boots. I quickly threw on a little foundation, mascara, and a little gold shimmer eye shadow. I wasn’t feeling doing my make up today, or my hair, so I just put it up in a quick (and pretty ugly) bun.
Have a wonderful Tuesday evening loves!