Oh blogging world, in .05 seconds my computer is going to be out the window. I know that is a great way to start a post, but that is how I am feeling at the moment. I had planned on doing a post today all about my birthday this past weekend but instead I am going to complain a little. I woke up this morning and decided I wanted to get more serious about this blog and that I wanted to switch over to wordpress.org so I could have my own domain. Great idea right? Well after spending five hours today trying to figure everything out I am almost to the point of giving up, I am having such a headache with this. I created a domain but can not get my site to pop up and I don’t understand what I am doing wrong, I have even been following videos and forums but I am totally stumped at this point. I am hoping to soon be bringing posts to you from simplythechiclife.com and I will keep you posted on when I am able to get it up and running (if ever). I have a feeling this is going to be one of those nights where I get very little sleep, wish me luck!
A couple of months ago Josh and I tried to do a three day juice cleanse. It was one that I found on Pinterest where you just bought all the ingredients and made your own juice. The drinks didn’t taste bad but honestly it was a pain in the ass having to make all of your own drinks. Not to mention we don’t own a juicer so they turned out being more like chunky smoothies than juices, and it got WAY to pricey buying all the ingredients. Needless to say we did one day and then said screw it. With Summer approaching quickly and bikini’s are soon going to be an every day staple, I decided I wanted to give this whole cleanse thing another go. The only difference is that this time I would rather just purchase an already made cleanse from a company.
I have heard amazing things from BluePrint Cleanse. I would love to give the Renovation cleanse from them a try, but I am not sure if I am willing to pay that much.
Another company I have heard pretty great things about is Suja and the fresh start program they offer.This one is a little cheaper up front but after looking at shipping they are the exact same price.
I am considering splurging and trying one of these, ya know splurge for your health and what not, but I am also curious if any of you have tried a cleanse that you loved and is maybe not as pricey! If so please leave me a comment or shoot me and email about it, I would love to hear about the companies you are loving and give them a try!
I know it’s Spring but it seems that I can not sop wearing blacks and whites. They are always such flattering colors and honestly I think it may be the only colors in my closet at the moment (perhaps an excuse for a shopping trip?). Yesterday was a day filled with classes and then dinner at my parents so I decided on something a little more comfortable.
I love kimonos for Spring/Summer. They can be worn dressed up or casual and look great either way. These black wedges are one of my musts, they go with almost every outfit I own and the rose gold watch helped add a classier look. I have had most of these items for a little while now and can not find them listed anywhere but I found some similar items. The pants I got from Forever 21 and found a pair almost the exact same here. The kimono is from TJMaxx, this one from Urban Outfitters is a little different but I think I may actually like it even better. The watch can be found here.
The weather has been incredible here lately and Saturday Josh and I took the opportunity to get out and go eat at our favorite restaurant downtown, the Old Canal Smokehouse. Usually we both get the pulled pork platter but neither one of us were that hungry so he ordered a burger and I got the grilled chicken sandwich. Both were so delicious. If you are ever in Chillicothe and decide to stop here you must get the mashed potatoes, they are absolutely heavenly.
Chunk has been loving this warm weather almost as much as we have been. He looks forward to his daily walks.
Have a great Tuesday loves!
First I would like to thank Christine at Dimes and Donuts for being so generous and nominating me for the Liebster Award, it meant so much to me when I seen my blog name listed! I have only recently learned what the award is and who it is given to, the description that I have seen the most is that it is an award for bloggers that have less than 200 followers and whom you feel you would like to help support and get that blog more known. There are a few rules for this award and they are:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to also receive the award.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Give your nominees 11 questions that they must answer on their blog post.
Now for the blogs that I have nominated:
A few days ago I did a post with 15 random facts about myself and so instead of me killing my brain and trying to think of 11 more facts here is the one I just did!
The 11 questions from Christine:
1. What is your favorite building and where is it located?
I would have to say that my favorite building is actually the home my parents live in. Almost every truly great memory from my childhood has taken place in that building. It is where I cried, laughed, learned, and grew up.
2. If you had one day left before the world ended, how would you spend it?
First I would make sure I was around all of my family and friends, I would want to make sure I spent the entire day with them. I would probably eat Chipotle for the last time and cry when I realized it was the last time I would be eating it (I know, obsessed much?) I would spend all of my money on whatever I wanted to do because I obviously won’t be needing it once the world ends. I created a bucket list of 100 things I wanted to do my freshman year of high school, I believe I have only done around 20 of them so I would pull that out and try to cross everything off my list. I honestly would just live that day trying to be as happy and possible doing whatever with the people that I love.
3. Dead or alive, what celebrity would you have dinner with?
This one is tough, there is a lot of celebrities I would love to have the opportunity to have dinner with. I would probably choose Sophia Bush, she is such a beautiful and inspiring person and I love her outlook on life. It would be awesome to have a chance to just chat with her. Of course I can’t leave out the fictional character I would love to meet, Blair Waldorf, because my life motto is What would Blair Waldorf do? And let’s be honest she’s a bad ass and you’d be crazy to not want to have dinner with the original Queen B.
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
There a lot of things about blogging that I really love. I think my absolute favorite thing though is the opportunity it gives me to meet other amazing bloggers. It helps connect you with people that have similar personalities and interest as you. It gives you the opportunity to have great conversations with others whom you would have never met without it. I love how it brings everyone together and forms a pretty incredible community.
5. What does your blog name mean and how did you come up with it?
Well if you have been following from the start then you know my name has just recently changed after I decided to take a pretty large change in my life. I chose this name because I wanted something to symbolize not only my love for the chicer things in life but something that didn’t hold me down to only blogging on certain topics. Thus Simply the Chic Life was born.
6. If you could give your past self one piece of advice, what would it be?
I would tell my high school self to have a little more fun, be a little more crazy. I have always been someone who acted above my age, looking back to high school there are a lot of things I wish I would have just allowed myself to let loose and do. I know some of the best memories from high school that I have are from some of my crazier, more care-free nights, and I wish I would have allowed myself more opportunities like that.
7. What is your favorite quote?
“Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
I love this quote because it shows that no matter who you are and what you have done in life there is always a future for you, always a chance to become the person you would like to be.
8. Who is you favorite user on Instagram?
I stumbled on a girl named Emma Hastings’ Instagram page a few months ago and I love all of her posts. Her outfits are always so on point and the fact that she is a woman my age and is out working hard and achieving her dreams is so inspiring to me. Thats my favorite Instagramers to find, the random ones that help inspire you. You can check her page out here.
9. What is your favorite season and why?
Just like with anything else I can not pick only one favorite. Summer and Fall will always be tied for the best in my eyes. I love Summer because of the sun and the carefree vibes it gives off. I love Fall because it is such a cozy time and I am obsessed with pretty much everything that starts popping up in the Fall (PSL, apple cider, Halloween, scary movies, pumpkin scented/flavored everything, need I say more?).
10.Name a moment when you can remember thinking how extremely happy you were. (ex: one of the times I can remember thinking how extremely happy I was, was the moment I drove under the Walt Disney World entrance sign for the very first time.)
One of the first nights that Josh and I moved into our home together I remember laying on our mattress on the floor with no cable and absolutely nothing in the house. We still found a way to make that evening fun and I remember us laughing for hours together. When we went to bed that night I remember feeling just pure bliss, that this was happiness, and that I was so blessed to have found someone to make me that incredibly happy. It is one of those moments I will be forever thankful for and will never forget.
11. Do you prefer fruity candies or chocolate?
This changes depending on my mood. I will almost always choose fruity candies but there are some evenings where the only thing that will do is a bunch of dark chocolate.
Now here are my questions for the nominees:
1. What made you begin blogging?
2. Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
3. If someone told you to pick a dream of yours that you would be able to go out and achieve today, what would it be?
4. What is a hobby you have?
5. Who is your favorite author?
6. What is your favorite show to watch?
7. Where is the one place you are determined to visit someday?
8. Name your favorite childhood memory.
9. Who is your all time favorite social media person? (They can be a blogger, Instagram user, Twitter user, etc.)
10. What is your favorite food?
11. What is your favorite beauty product at the moment?
I hope you all enjoyed and have as much fun with your post as I did mine!
It’s the kind of night where the rain is coming down hard and the thunder is growing louder and it is one of my favorite type of nights. Since moving to our new home I have discovered such a new love for nights like these. The woods around us are so peaceful and it is honestly such a relaxing scene. I spent my day busy with school work and getting my Fall semester planned. Honestly I was to the point of wanting to pull my hair out from the stress so it is a relief to be able to sit here and just enjoy serenity. I figured an evening like this would be the perfect time to introduce a little more about myself to you! If you have been reading for a while now then I am sure you know the basics but I wanted to give you a little bit of a deeper look into who I am. I looked up a few templates and TAG posts but I didn’t see any that I absolutely loved so I am just going to wing this(;
- I am an only child. I’m not sure if I have mentioned this before or not but it’s true, there are no siblings for me. Luckily I have had plenty of friends and pets throughout my life to take that place.
- Growing up as an only child was nice, there are defiantly several perks, but it also made me realize that I want to have more than one child. My mindset right now is three.
- I was born and raised in Ohio but someday Josh and I would love to move to either Alabama or North Carolina.
- My absolute favorite musician of all time is Eminem which is a very surprising fact to most people that know me. I could listen to him all day every day and never get tired of his lyrics.
- I will be turning 20 years old on April 18th which seems just so wrong. I feel like I should be turning at least 23, I have always lived a slightly more mature life and sometimes forget how young I actually am.
- Josh and I met when I was only 14 and he was 17. My mom worked at the dental office he went to and after seeing my picture in her office one day he Myspaced me and it has been love ever since.
- I have never ever had a nose bleed. I think my nose is incapable of them, which does not bother me one bit. If I ever do get one I will probably panic like I am dying.
- I have always been obsessed with fashion and makeup but I didn’t realize I wanted to make a career out of it until a few months ago.
- I could eat a full bowl of fruit and veggies and then turn around and stuff my face with 5 bags of potato chips. I have a huge appetite and don’t know many foods I don’t like, which can be both really good and really terrible.
- I love all holidays. I love to decorate every inch of the house for whatever holiday it is and I can not wait to have children to share the festiveness with them.
- I have such a love for both the city and the country. A huge part of me would love to live in New York City and then the other half would love to live in a nice little country town. I know they are complete opposites and it is why I am so torn.
- I am a terribly impatient person and can not stay focused on things for long at all. It will be the downfall of me someday.
- I have watched both Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill 7 times through now. Obsessed would be an understatement.
- I have had a passion for writing since the fourth grade. I would love to write a novel someday.
- I would way rather spend my weekends at home with Josh than being out partying all evening. I have tried that lifestyle before and it got old quickly for me. I prefer pizza and beer with a movie at home over keg stands and late nights out.
This was significantly more difficult than I thought it would be and I am all out of ideas so I am going to stop here. I hope you all enjoyed getting to know a little more about me and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to comment below or shoot me an email! Have a great evening lovelies!
Ahh the day after Easter hangover. I don’t mean an alcohol hangover, I am talking about a “holy crap I ate way to much chocolate and probably gained 50 pounds” hangover. Good thing I started my day with a quick leg session at the gym(; I hope everyone’s holiday weekend was as good as ours! The weather here was mostly perfect and we got to spend a lot of time with family.
Thursday was a little crappy and rainy so I stuck with boyfriend jeans and a comfy top with my converse.
Later that evening I went to visit my cousin and her little boy. I haven’t been out to see them in a while and it was really great to get to catch up. I was blown away by how grown up he already acts for a 14 month old.
Saturday Josh and I made the horrible mistake of going to town, not once, but twice, to get some more things for Easter and I swear I almost had a break down inside Kroger. Nothing at all was going how we planned and to top it off town was so insanely busy you couldn’t even take 5 seconds to just think. Luckily we got home before it got too late and spent the rest of the night just relaxing. Another plus for the day? I felt super festive in my pastels that I wore.
(Josh asked if I was trying to be an easter egg, but we’ll ignore that)
Sunday morning started off
great absolutely terrible. I felt sick when I got up(probably a little too much wine the night before but we will just call it a stomach bug) so I went back to bed for a little bit. Somehow I managed to sleep through my alarm and the 12 times that my snooze went off so I ended up waking up about 2 hours before we had to be at my parents. I ran around the house trying to hurry and make the cheese ball and Rice Krispy dessert that I was supposed to bring all while trying to get myself ready. Of course Josh was helping make the food, but I think he snacked on it more than he helped actually make it. A little tip, don’t use self tanner when you are in a hurry. I wore a teal dress and was determined to have at least a slight tan with it so I took about .25 seconds to put on my self tanner and to say it turned out bad would be an understatement. I have orange streaks all over me now and it does not look good. All ended up good though, we made it to my parents only 15 minutes late with both the cheese ball and dessert looking edible. We had a great visit before heading to Josh’s parents for a little while. Then it was home for the night where we could recover from our food comas and relax before the Monday craziness.
The cheese ball was so simple. All you need is one 8 oz package of cream cheese, one package of corned beef, a splash of worcestershire sauce, a little green onion, and some shredded cheese. Mix it all up in a bowl and then let it refrigerate for a little while (about 30 minutes) then take it out and shape it however you’d like, cover it with some more cheese, and then throw some parsley at the top to form a carrot!
The Rice Krispy treats we made were a little less simple. It probably would have helped if we had an egg shaped cookie cutter but since we didn’t we had to shape them all by hand, which as you can see did not turn out that well. They still tasted super yummy and looked pretty though so I can’t complain! If you are interested I found the recipe on Pinterest!
All in all the weekend turned out to be a good one and I am sad that it is over. Hope everyone has a great holiday-hangover day!
Happy April 1st! April is one of my favorite months for several reasons(warmer weather, my birthday, end of classes) so I was not sad to say goodbye to March. I realized it has been an unacceptably long time since I have done a favorites post on products I loved all month so I decided to take this opportunity and do one for March!
1) I have been extremely lazy with my self tanning here lately and this instant bronzer from Victoria’s Secret is a life saver.
2) I found this tumbler at Starbucks a few weeks ago and I’m obsessed with it. It’s perfect for sipping detox water but you can also put hot drinks in it!
3) The Nudes palette from Maybelline is a recent love of mine. The colors are beautiful and I have been loving a bronzed neutral all month.
4) The Rimmel Sun Shimmer bronzer has been a favorite of mine for a while now, it is perfect for adding some glow.
5) I love Maybelline lipsticks, as far as drug store goes I believe they are the absolute best, and the shade Born With It has been my go to. It’s a light pink with a little shimmer that makes a nice classy, natural, look.
6) When I am wanting a little bit more pop I top the lipstick with this NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel, it adds a hint of color for the perfect combination.
7) The Mac liquid liner is a must. The black is gorgeous and drys matte, and I really just love everything about it.
8) Wet N Wild has some great blushes, my favorite this month has been in the color Wine.
9) My obsession with Gillian Flynn continues with her book “Sharp Objects”. Everything by her is amazing, if you’re looking for some books to add to your summer reading list check her out!
10) I got this Lorac mascara as a sample a while back and when I first receive it I hated it. After running out of my go-to I decided to give this one another shot and it turns out I absolutely love it! It leaves your lashes looking long and gorgeous!
11) Ah the Mac eye primer, I believe this will be a favorite until I am 70. My go-to color is Bare Study.
Hopefully this was helpful if you are searching for some new items to love! I plan to keep up on these and post one every month!
* Whats a favorites post without Chipotle and Starbucks green tea? (;