First I would like to thank Christine at Dimes and Donuts for being so generous and nominating me for the Liebster Award, it meant so much to me when I seen my blog name listed! I have only recently learned what the award is and who it is given to, the description that I have seen the most is that it is an award for bloggers that have less than 200 followers and whom you feel you would like to help support and get that blog more known. There are a few rules for this award and they are:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to also receive the award.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Give your nominees 11 questions that they must answer on their blog post.
Now for the blogs that I have nominated:
Color Me Kiki, Freckle Me Silly, Beauty Candy Loves, Sprinkles And Champagne, Glimmering Darling, Park Avenue, and Bethani Noelle. I am looking forward to reading all of your posts!
A few days ago I did a post with 15 random facts about myself and so instead of me killing my brain and trying to think of 11 more facts here is the one I just did!
The 11 questions from Christine:
1. What is your favorite building and where is it located?
I would have to say that my favorite building is actually the home my parents live in. Almost every truly great memory from my childhood has taken place in that building. It is where I cried, laughed, learned, and grew up.
2. If you had one day left before the world ended, how would you spend it?
First I would make sure I was around all of my family and friends, I would want to make sure I spent the entire day with them. I would probably eat Chipotle for the last time and cry when I realized it was the last time I would be eating it (I know, obsessed much?) I would spend all of my money on whatever I wanted to do because I obviously won’t be needing it once the world ends. I created a bucket list of 100 things I wanted to do my freshman year of high school, I believe I have only done around 20 of them so I would pull that out and try to cross everything off my list. I honestly would just live that day trying to be as happy and possible doing whatever with the people that I love.
3. Dead or alive, what celebrity would you have dinner with?
This one is tough, there is a lot of celebrities I would love to have the opportunity to have dinner with. I would probably choose Sophia Bush, she is such a beautiful and inspiring person and I love her outlook on life. It would be awesome to have a chance to just chat with her. Of course I can’t leave out the fictional character I would love to meet, Blair Waldorf, because my life motto is What would Blair Waldorf do? And let’s be honest she’s a bad ass and you’d be crazy to not want to have dinner with the original Queen B.
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
There a lot of things about blogging that I really love. I think my absolute favorite thing though is the opportunity it gives me to meet other amazing bloggers. It helps connect you with people that have similar personalities and interest as you. It gives you the opportunity to have great conversations with others whom you would have never met without it. I love how it brings everyone together and forms a pretty incredible community.
5. What does your blog name mean and how did you come up with it?
Well if you have been following from the start then you know my name has just recently changed after I decided to take a pretty large change in my life. I chose this name because I wanted something to symbolize not only my love for the chicer things in life but something that didn’t hold me down to only blogging on certain topics. Thus Simply the Chic Life was born.
6. If you could give your past self one piece of advice, what would it be?
I would tell my high school self to have a little more fun, be a little more crazy. I have always been someone who acted above my age, looking back to high school there are a lot of things I wish I would have just allowed myself to let loose and do. I know some of the best memories from high school that I have are from some of my crazier, more care-free nights, and I wish I would have allowed myself more opportunities like that.
7. What is your favorite quote?
“Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
I love this quote because it shows that no matter who you are and what you have done in life there is always a future for you, always a chance to become the person you would like to be.
8. Who is you favorite user on Instagram?
I stumbled on a girl named Emma Hastings’ Instagram page a few months ago and I love all of her posts. Her outfits are always so on point and the fact that she is a woman my age and is out working hard and achieving her dreams is so inspiring to me. Thats my favorite Instagramers to find, the random ones that help inspire you. You can check her page out here.
9. What is your favorite season and why?
Just like with anything else I can not pick only one favorite. Summer and Fall will always be tied for the best in my eyes. I love Summer because of the sun and the carefree vibes it gives off. I love Fall because it is such a cozy time and I am obsessed with pretty much everything that starts popping up in the Fall (PSL, apple cider, Halloween, scary movies, pumpkin scented/flavored everything, need I say more?).
10.Name a moment when you can remember thinking how extremely happy you were. (ex: one of the times I can remember thinking how extremely happy I was, was the moment I drove under the Walt Disney World entrance sign for the very first time.)
One of the first nights that Josh and I moved into our home together I remember laying on our mattress on the floor with no cable and absolutely nothing in the house. We still found a way to make that evening fun and I remember us laughing for hours together. When we went to bed that night I remember feeling just pure bliss, that this was happiness, and that I was so blessed to have found someone to make me that incredibly happy. It is one of those moments I will be forever thankful for and will never forget.
11. Do you prefer fruity candies or chocolate?
This changes depending on my mood. I will almost always choose fruity candies but there are some evenings where the only thing that will do is a bunch of dark chocolate.
Now here are my questions for the nominees:
1. What made you begin blogging?
2. Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
3. If someone told you to pick a dream of yours that you would be able to go out and achieve today, what would it be?
4. What is a hobby you have?
5. Who is your favorite author?
6. What is your favorite show to watch?
7. Where is the one place you are determined to visit someday?
8. Name your favorite childhood memory.
9. Who is your all time favorite social media person? (They can be a blogger, Instagram user, Twitter user, etc.)
10. What is your favorite food?
11. What is your favorite beauty product at the moment?
I hope you all enjoyed and have as much fun with your post as I did mine!